Tuesday, December 29, 2009

"if man is five..."

After a few trips to Sendai and a killer Christmas party, I've now been holed up in my apartment a few days. I can't decide which is more exhausting. Sometimes information is a prison, and I am currently full up with things I can't blog about. So, how about another photo to creep you out for a while?







In the area of TMI:

So this photo, in addition to being rather cheerful to look at, takes me back a bit. It was taken in the old apartment where Courtney and I lived back in, what, 2003 or so. Michael will recall being the almost-third inhabitant for several months. I have written and erased some version of "good times" for this (current) sentence several times. The fact is, it wasn't terribly happy. But certainly an intense time for all involved, I think. Drama. I had my weird food-poisoning/lymphoma scare while living here. Also popped a question. That was pretty happy. Revisiting the relationship, I find I'm a bit scarred still.

That is to say: I'm really happy right now, and am having a difficult time trusting that feeling. But I'm working on killing that shit. This monkey's gone to heaven, man... soon anyway.


Further evidence that I'm settling in here: bought two region 2 DVDs, so I had to switch the format on my Mac. You can only do this a few times. I got Casablanca and The Fifth Element. Almost picked up Enter the Dragon, but I think that's one of those films that I would love to own, but would never watch. Pretty good beginning to the collection. Also, I was gifted Nevermind, the documentary of Nirvana's album. By the by, I'm looking for a copy of About a Son... or About a Boy, not sure what it's called, but as yet haven't found it. Ewan McGregor tapped to play Kobain in the bio-pic. Still deciding how I feel about this (while attempting to hide my disgust with the Colts by thinking about movies and pop-culture and old relationship garbage).

New Years Eve coming up. No plans. Hmmm... I'll get back to you on that one.

5 comments:

Rainey said...

Give the colts some love. It's been a good season. :)

Alan Collier said...

I absolutely love the Colts. They are my team all the way, every year. But I'm continually frustrated by the way they don't go for the jugular when they've got history in their sites. Undefeated seasons are much rarer than Superbowls. That said... great season. Wish I could have watched and not just read the results.

Bob said...

Indeed they are. But like many other things possessed,such as Enter the Dragon, which any sane man ought own and watch on occasion, well, ... you know the rest.

And I have a plane to catch. Happy New Year!

Sin City calling.

Bob said...

As to that creepy picture -- how about a Resolution: no more.

Surely you have a pensive pic of the Poet?

Alan Collier said...

the poet does as he will do... indeed he has often been called troublesome.