Sunday, December 20, 2009

cathartic romp

Snow had been promising, but not delivering. The wait was its own form of entertainment, but now that it has started, it just keeps falling. A prolonged building of tension between the clouds and earth, enough time to inspire me to purchase a sofa. A release, seemingly just as prolonged.

I started vacation yesterday. A beautiful beginning. Two weeks of teaching with Christmas activities, anticipating rest, now two weeks of total freedom. I am already tired.

I am in the process of transcribing several months of journal-writing onto the computer. Or translating. The transfer is not precise. My journal entries have always been sparse, impatient, containing moments but no real life-breath. I require the aid of a word processor. A few words here and there; fragments really. They are beginning to string themselves together, boil, overflow from the page. No promises of quality, but quantity is always a good sign.

It has been a while in coming, but it is nice now that it's here.

It doesn't feel like a romp, does it? But I'm keeping the title.

No comments: