Friday, October 17, 2008

I: an introduction

Hello students. It seems I am going to be joining you soon. I am looking forward to getting to know all of you and, before I arrive, I would like to let you know a little bit about myself. I am originally from Los Angeles, California, though I have spent the last several years living in San Antonio, Texas, where I received my B.A. in English Literature. I have actually lived in just about every region of the United States, and have developed a deep appreciation for the various peoples and distinct beauties of my home country.

I love music, and I am excited to spend some time getting to know the pop-music scene in Japan, as well as exploring the more traditional sounds. I play guitar and sing a little, but I am not bringing my guitar with me. Perhaps someone will show me where to get one in Furukawa.

I have been looking at pictures of the city, and the whole Tohoku region, and it is beautiful. But, being from Texas, I am used to a much warmer climate, and I'm certain you will see me shivering like crazy until I get used to your winters.

I am spending a lot of time these days thinking of fun and interesting ways to approach our English classes. We are going to learn a lot together, and I hope we will also have a good time.

I will see you all soon.

Warmest Regards,

I

No comments: