Wednesday, October 29, 2008

All the Best (saying one's farewells before a long journey)

I was unable to locate the words and so must remain hopeful that the moment spoke for me. It is not always best to trust that what is unspoken has still been said. Sometimes, however, it is all that is possible.

I learned something I didn't know before. It is my secret to keep safe, so you cannot hear it.

Very soon I will be writing about funny little people, and small camping chairs I can sit on and look down at their faces as they diagram sentences and curse my name in a language I have yet to learn well. (try diagramming that one and see what you get, by the way)


But I am not there yet. And so off goes the unknown island, in search of itself.

1 comment:

Bob said...

I recall your eyes being flushed with Frontier Whisky and (misplaced) glee over the collection of a few colored plastic chips.

I might be mistaken.