Monday, April 18, 2011

A Big Day For Sailing #3 or 4 (depending)

At the beachside-style bar, we met a woman in real estate. She took a cigarette almost without asking. Where the water should have been there was instead a tin-roofed shack where more drinks were being served. We missed the roar of the waves. She was insistent that there is not a grocery problem downtown. That there are no stores in the area seems to me what would be termed "problematic."

The sun was very much in the sand, and we were all squinting.

I voted for the pool, which was colder than expected. There was talk of ages. I was feigning a listen, but would not, internally, be moved.

The artist showed up late, and there was much drunken praise of work all around. I should not have driven. And I certainly should not have checked your blog. I did both. And I admire your productivity a great deal. My own has suffered of late, what with work; saving for the great Colorado adventure.

The wind was strong yesterday. It would have been a fine day for putting to sea.

No comments: