Monday, March 28, 2011

Just Checking In

I've been receiving some harrowing tales from Japan. It took a while for all of my friends to be able to post anything or send emails, but they all seem to have made it through the worst of things. But I understand there was another quake yesterday. One friend recounts being tossed around his apartment like a rag doll, his refrigerator flipping over and crashing to the other side of the room, a frantic trek to a shelter. Another of a three day search for a loved one out in the still freezing elements, but she was found. I am grateful that they are ok. Worried for their continued well-being, and I have some guilt over the relief I have felt at not having been there myself, or that there seems to be nothing I can do for anyone.

I've got limited access to the blog, but will try to rectify shortly. The Mac finally died. It had been through a lot. Old bastard did better than I ever expected.

No comments: