Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Wrap Part 1 and The Routine of Routine

Part one of the documentary wrapped yesterday. Afterwards I met with our principle "character" for a beer. I had been concerned that the major reason I had wanted to be involved in the project had gotten lost in the shoot. And so had he, really. We discussed deeper motivations and then veered off course, talking about old times, eventually coming to a better understanding of what we were doing amid all the pseudodrama. The film currently lacks a clear vision, but I do not. The struggle is getting the two in line with one another. And the director.

I slept in today, rising around 9:00, and getting to my new routine a little late, the one I had no plan for last week. I can already see it working its way on me. But my brain lags.

Meeting for the new project tonight, and my spirits are high, though the piece still feels a little schizophrenic at the moment. I'm off to the store for some good food, then it's to the books and the page. Something will hit. I know it will.

No comments: