Tuesday, February 15, 2011

e-lotus eater: how does one enjoy quiet

I'm getting a little tired of the status quo, as is my wont. I'll be checking out for a bit, maybe a week. Quiet still terrifies me after all these years, but I'm going to attempt some. Last time I really got any was back at Craig Place, before I had a bed and was sleeping quietly on the floor. The dreams were insane, and I could swear I heard voices passing through the strands of space and time, brief snippets of telephone conversations, a difficult word between a mother and daughter. Not enough to give me context, but enough to convince me I was going nuts. I had to add noise, and I never really went back. Maybe once or twice, and it doesn't count when someone else is there with you. We'll see how it goes.

No comments: