Thursday, September 23, 2010

path clear/obscure

I will often reflect on Solomon's labyrinth when I become confused about path. I think it is intended that I meditate on the movement of the stars around the Earth, and I rather enjoy this misplaced center. Regardless, there is nothing but to continue walking forward. That one might become confused along a single path is confounding, nevertheless true. The question always before me, is there truly a center? And once I reach it, what will I find? I do hope that it will be the octagonal cage of mirrors designed by da Vinci to allow a person to see themselves from all angles. Unless they are fun-house mirrors, at which the distortion would be likely to support my current understanding, illuminating nothing.

But I have never actually walked the labyrinth in any physical incarnation. And I think it is impossible to know what effect the thing will have until the walking is done.

And so I must find one of these and walk it. You are welcome to join me. Although I will sometimes be quiet and turned inward, we can also share some time, and it will be better than walking alone.

No comments: