Thursday, November 5, 2009

hopefully soon...

... I'll be back to my old self, or back to an even better new self, or I will become a beam of pure energy and require no such limiting descriptors as "self" or "old" or "new" or "my". Though I do hope to one day eat a decent taco again.

I have been sick on-and-off, it seems, for quite some time now. This time it is the swine flu. Or "H1N1"--I don't want to piss off the pork industry by calling the virus what it is. My sides ache from coughing. I am sick of being sick, and I am missing way too much work. I know there's nothing I can do about it, but I'm really worried about my school and me because of this. Maybe everything is ok, but I just lie in bed all day coughing and shivering and getting into fevered paranoia that everyone hates me because I'm sick. It's demented. Probably deep-seeded. Perhaps going back to elementary school, when I pretended to be sick to stay home from school... now when I am actually sick, I'm convinced I am also actually faking it.

A little window into my neuroses.



I'll be taking it easy for the remainder of the month, but hopefully I can get back out with my camera soon and take some shots. I've been growing lax there. There've been several instances where bringing my camera along would have been nice.

2 comments:

Rainey said...

Hope you're slowly feeling better. I hear ya!

Rainey said...

but swine flu...wow.