Monday, August 4, 2008

when coffee complicates my night, tomorrow's just one of those days

Caught a bit of swimmer's ear, so I took some antibiotics and Advil. If you know me and antibiotics, we don't get along, which is fine, but I had a telephone interview coming up at 9 P.M.

Stupid Japan and it's stupid time difference.

Very well, a sacrifice must be made. Wake up at 8 and drink a pot of coffee. Interview comes. Interview goes.

I'll not be sleeping again for a while.

Perhaps John would have a few words about paying out one's debts.



(Bob, if I goad you any further to comment I will feel like I am begging)

2 comments:

Bob said...

John is preoccupied, but I recall Hemingway had a few thoughts on debt: Every breath is borrowed, he said. I believe he was talking to Fitzgerald, but it may have been one of the artists. What to do then? Gulp and forget.

Bob said...

Hemingway was a poor choice to speak of ledgers, the gas bag. While it is true that he knew better than most of debt, the constant ringing of the register, it is equally true that he did his best to pretend it irrelevant. He was a fop and a liar.

I will find another.