Saturday, October 22, 2011

I simply want to know that you are

this warm sleep blanket next to and skin still breathing when you wake,
a hospital of ladders, bind and twist to the very small diagnosis
blood tube form name scrawled nurse label lens bulb visit you remote
shrink shrink shrinking along shrink shrink shrink down
to passengers

DNARNADNARNADNARNADNARNADNARNADNARNADNARNADNARNADNARNADNARNADNARNA

perfectly transmitted let us hope and hope
and hope and hope and hope
let us hold and hope tightly
so tightly,
that hope is life itself,
it is a child,
a grandchild,
and quiet as joy
as joy as you please

freedom, a way forward we think, a way in, a ways to go
I worry

and I could not take you in, big everywhere everything big
fat pop frying pan stick a.m. missed you with butter, coffee,
bread, milk, egg, avocado, corn, mushroom, parmesan, honey,
meats, small small cherry tomato, basil, caked on plate drying photograph
still

I have a box of you near my bed, and
I worry

No comments: