Friday, December 17, 2010

quick note regarding the airport in Narita

Because they didn't see the stamp on my passport that gave me permission to hang about in Japan for a few weeks after my visa expired, they made me wait. They took me to a table where a young man looked very confused for several minutes, then asked me to follow him to immigration. He began running. I can't run, I said, my bag will fall apart. We need to run. And so my bag fell apart and my camera fell out. The lens busted. And now I have an old lens from my 20 year old Nikon SLR attached. It works, but not well. I have yet to take any decent pictures. Thus the hiatus from picture posts. They will resume shortly, I imagine. They tried to get me to pay for a new visa, but I was finally able to get someone to look and see the stamp. Oh, he said. Nevermind. I walked through. Thank you very much, I said. A cultural thing: It's what you say instead of suck it.

No comments: