Tuesday, June 9, 2009

three facts on the day

1. Sweet Child O'Mine was on the MUZAK at the supermarket this evening when I stopped for sushi, bread, and fromage roux.

2. I stood relatively motionless, trying to tie a strand of red yarn that had frayed and snapped back together again while a child named Kousei, having decided me the enemy, in the midst of what I could only assume were his equivalent of curses and screams, attempted to end my life with his fists. I waited until I had finished tying the knot before turning my attention to his attack, and only then to look and say nothing.

3. Juri took a picture of a dinner she ate in New York. Fish 'n Chips and broccoli. She had been aghast at the size of the serving. Hajime seemed disturbed that different items should be allowed to touch one another on the same plate. I described the process by which most excess food from restaurants goes through a rigorous routine of being packaged, bagged, refrigerated, aged, and then trashed.

No comments: